There’s nothing better to cure the winter blues than a hot bowl of chili. However, for us vegetarians we have to be a little bit more creative when it comes to chili. Thankfully I have found the BEST chili out there – it’s actually sweet potato chili that I adapted from this recipe.
- 1 large chopped sweet onion
- 6 – 8 small/medium sweet potatoes – peeled and cubed
- 1 large diced zucchini
- 1 can of black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 28 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 2 – 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 T of chili powder
- 1 T cumin
- 1 t salt
- 3 packets of concentrated vegetable broth
Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Fill up crock pot with water. Cook on high until sweet potatoes are tender (usually 4ish hours). Use more of the spices to flavor to taste.
I love to make this during the holidays – especially when company is coming. It’s always hot and ready and non-vegetarians will eat this up in a heart beat! It also makes a ton so you have leftovers for days (that’s my favorite kind of meal)!